A Facebook Page must be connected to your Instagram business/creator account to be able to authenticate your Instagram account successfully. The Page does not necessarily have to be active and have any information or posts; however, the Page needs to be public-facing.
With this in mind, let's go through the steps to link that Facebook Page!
Warning: Facebook Pages are different than profiles. Profiles focus on personal information (e.g. interests, photos, hometown) while Pages connect businesses and creators to their fanbase. Click here to learn more about the differences.
- Open your Instagram app.
- On the navigation bar, tap on your profile picture on the bottom right.
- Click Edit Profile in your profile's header.
- Under Profile Information, tap on Page.
- A pop-up will appear giving you the option to: Create Facebook Page or Connect existing Page. Select one of these options.
Note: If you have an existing Page, it cannot be connected to two different Instagram accounts. We recommend one Page linked to one Instagram account.
- Go through the setup process of connecting or creating your Page.
- Once successfully linked in your Instagram app, the Page's name will now be listed under Profile Information.
💡 Tip: If you're trying to connect your Instagram account, visit Authentication 101 for the next steps!
Have questions? Don't hesitate to contact us.