Congratulations on being invited to authenticate your account!
In your collaboration email, you most likely received an invitation to link your social accounts. Clicking on the Linked Accounts button will populate a new page – your authentication headquarters. Here, you can manage all the authentication statuses of your social accounts.
With this in mind, let's walk through the Instagram authentication process to help you get started.
⚠️ Prerequisites to authenticate your Instagram account
Before we dive in, the following items must be set.
Your Instagram must be set to a Business or Creator account.
To learn how to switch your account type, visit How-To: Change to a Professional Instagram Account for details.
A public-facing Facebook Page must be linked to your Instagram account.
To learn how to link a Page to your Instagram account, visit How-To: Link a Facebook Page to an Instagram Account for a step-by-step guide.
Authenticate Your Instagram Account
- Click on the Linked Accounts button in your collaboration email.
- Under Social Accounts, hover over Instagram or your username.
📌 Note: If your username is not listed on the page, hover over the Instagram section to see an ADD ACCOUNT option appear. Click this option to add your account's username.
- Click or CONNECT. After, a new window will appear.
- Input your Facebook login credentials in the new window.
📌 Note: Because Facebook acquired Instagram, the new window will be requesting for you to log in with your Facebook account – not Instagram. All permissions must be accepted to successfully authenticate; however, read-only data will be collected.
- After signing in, you will receive the following confirmations to signal a successful authentication:
• A and will appear next to your account's username.
• A green notification will appear confirming your account's successful connection.
We take security seriously at CreatorIQ. Because of this, we want to be transparent in the ways we protect and collect your data. View our Why You Should Authenticate Your Social Account article for full details on our privacy practices.
Additional authentication guides:
- Why You Should Authenticate Your Social Account
- Authentication: Twitter
- Authentication: Blogs / Google Analytics
- Authentication: Facebook Page
- How-To: Change to a Professional Instagram Account
- How-To: Create a Facebook Page
- How-To: Link a Facebook Page to an Instagram Account
- How-To: Link Instagram Account Through a Facebook Page
- How-To: Connect Facebook Page and Instagram Account on a Mobile Device
Have questions? Don't hesitate to contact us!