- Is whitelisting safe?
What is Whitelisting?
Whitelisting allows you to grant a brand or agency limited permissions to your Facebook or Instagram account. These permissions enable them to run ads on your behalf. In some cases, the post is not displayed on your personal feed (dark posting), but rather only shows up in the feed of the audience that the advertiser is targeting with the sponsored ad.
What are the benefits of whitelisting?
Brands will cover the cost of boosting your content: This will increase the reach of your content, increase engagement and increase the followers on your account.
Create stronger brand relationships: Your relationship with the brand will grow stronger as they are able to scale your content’s audience. They are also better able to guarantee your content’s performance. With a stronger audience and guaranteed performance, brands are more likely to look to you for future larger campaigns.
Privacy and Security:: Whitelisting is only for creating the ads and the brand will have no visibility into your content or account. With added layers of security like the ability to set expiration dates and the ability to terminate access at any time, you can trust your account is secured.
What do I need to do to approve a whitelist request?
- You will receive a link from the brand or agency you are working with. Depending on your regular communications methods with the brand or agency, this may come via email or text. The brand or agency may include information such as the process by which they will whitelist ads, the duration of time they would like to do so and any approval methods that they may put in place to ensure you know what and how things will be posted on your behalf. The whitelisting process through CreatorIQ is browser and mobile friendly!
- When you click the link, you will be directed to a screen that says the Brand name and the accounts they would like permission to whitelist
- Click the “Connect with Facebook” button at the bottom of the screen. You will be directed to a Facebook window and asked to log-in. This log-in is an added step to ensure we are clearly outlining the permission you are granting.
- Click “Continue” and you will see the following message -”Almost Done! Access will be retained until you revoke permission OR you set an expiration date below. Please be aware if you set an expiration date, you will need to regrant access at a future time.”
- Click “OK” and you are ready to go! The Brand will now be able to whitelist ads on your behalf!
Is whitelisting safe?
The permissions you are granting for whitelisting only enable the brand or agency to create ads. CreatorIQ and the brand will not be able to see any of your account information or any previous collaborations with other brands. In addition, you can set an access expiration date and terminate access at any time.
Can the Brand see other Brands I've worked with or other ads I’ve run?
No. CreatorIQ has built the flow in a way that ensure the Brand is unable to see any previous ads you have run or any past collaborations you have had with other Brand partners.
I set an expiration date for my whitelisting with a Brand. That expiration date has passed and the Brand has asked me to do another campaign. Do I have to go through the whitelisting process again?
Yes. The Brand will need to send you another whitelisting request and you will need to go through the process of granting access again.
I have already gone through the whitelisting process with one Brand. Another Brand has sent a request. Do I need to go through the process again?
Yes. Just like in the normal authentication process, each authentication is unique for each Brand Partner. You will need to repeat the process for each Brand you work with.
Why do I have to log-in with Facebook?
As an added step of security for your handle and account, CreatorIQ wants to clearly inform you of the permissions you are granting and give you the confidence that we take the privacy and security of your account seriously.
I looked in my Facebook Business Manager. Why do I see a user under System Users?
In order to simplify the whitelisting process, a System User is created in your account to allow access to quickly be granted to CreatorIQ..
If you have questions in the meantime, email or chat with us!