Audience breakdown in campaign reporting is based off of each creator’s unique audience, broken down by social platform when able.
CreatorIQ uses a transparent methodology on defining a creator’s “unique audience”, which uses a ranking system to prioritize what audience data source to use. The ranking system is as follows:
- Most recent audience data from single social account (authenticated, manually entered, or other data source)
- Audience data taken from blended data
After an audience set is prioritized for a creator’s handle – the handle is multiplied by its follower count/total follower count.
For instance, if Creator A has linked their Instagram account, and that account has 50k followers, their Instagram audience data would be worth 50k/total follower count across the entire campaign.
If Creator B has multiple social handles, yet only blended data for their audience, each handle would still be worth their follower count.
If a Creator has no audience data available, it will not be included in the report.
- Creator A Instagram handle in campaign (50k followers)
- Creator A Facebook handle in campaign (75k followers)
- Has Instagram linked account audience data
- Has blended data
- Creator B Instagram handle in campaign (100k followers)
- Creator B Facebook handle in campaign (120k followers)
- Only has blended audience
Audience breakdown would =
CreatorA_Instagram_Linked_Audience *(50k/345k) + CreatorA_Blended_Audience*(75k/345k) + CreatorB_Blended_Audience * (220k/345k)
If we added in a third creator who had two Instagram handles in the campaign (one which was linked), one Facebook handle (which had manual data AND linked data), and one Twitter handle with (with no audience data):
- Creator C Instagram handle1 in campaign (25k followers)
- No audience data
- Creator C Instagram handle2 in campaign (75k followers)
- Linked data
- Creator C Facebook handle in campaign (100k followers)
- Manual and linked
- Creator C Twitter handle in campaign (200k followers)
- No audience data.
We would add them into our equation as CreatorC_Instagram2_Linked(75k/Total follower account – 225k)+CreatorC_Facebook_Manual(100k/Total follower account -225k) + CreatorA_Instagram_Linked_Audience *(50k/ Total follower account -225k) + CreatorA_Blended_Audience*(75k/ Total follower account -225k) + CreatorB_Blended_Audience * (220k/ Total follower account -225k).
The -225k comes from the fact that we don’t have audience data for Creator C twitter. Handle or Creator C Instagram handle 1 and therefore do not count in the total audience breakdown.
*** Please note, not all blended audience data is currently available for Audience Breakdown report. All data will be available in November.