Congratulations on being chosen to collaborate in a campaign!
In your collab email, you should have received an invitation to link your social accounts. Clicking on the Linked Accounts button will populate a new page – your authentication headquarters. Here, you can manage all the authentication statuses of your social accounts.
⚠️ Prerequisites to authenticate your Instagram account
Before we dive in, the following items must be set.
Your Instagram must be set to a Business or Creator account.
To learn how to switch your account type, visit How do I switch from a Personal to a Professional Instagram Account? for details.
A public-facing Facebook Page must be linked to your Instagram account.
To learn how to link a Page to your Instagram account, visit How do I connect my Instagram Account to my Facebook Page? for a step-by-step guide.
Authenticate Your Instagram Account
- Click on the Linked Accounts button in your collaboration email.
- Under Social Accounts, hover over Instagram or your username.
Note: If your username is not listed on the page, hover over the Instagram section to see an ADD ACCOUNT option appear. Click this option to add your account's username.
- Click or CONNECT. After, a new window will appear.
- In the new window, you'll receive a request to input your Facebook login credentials – not Instagram. This is because Meta acquired Instagram.
• After logging in, as an extra security measure, Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) may be requested by Facebook. Your 2FA credentials must be entered in to successfully connect with CreatorIQ.
Warning: After logging into your Facebook account, you'll have the option to review third-party permissions. All permissions must be enabled to successfully authenticate.
- After signing in, you will receive the following confirmations to signal a successful authentication:
• A and will appear next to your account's username.
• A green notification will appear confirming your account's successful connection.
We take security seriously at CreatorIQ. Because of this, we want to be transparent in the ways we protect and collect your data. View our What are the benefits of authenticating my social accounts? article for full details on our privacy practices.
Have questions? Don't hesitate to contact us!