Linking your Instagram account will provide us with further insights access. This helps us learn more about your social media metrics. The Information we pull will never be published externally without your written permission. Additionally, this does not grant permission to log into your account.
This simple step is designed to provide greater transparency and to provide you a simpler experience working with us, saving time from taking screenshots of metrics screens from your apps.
Permissions you are granting:
- Provide read-only access to Insights data
- We will never post on your behalf, follow pages, or like content
- Minimize number of screenshots provided to campaign manager
- Reduce need to take a screenshot within a 24-hour time window
- Reduce need to send original photo and video files from stories
Will not do:
- Nor will it post on behalf of your profile
- You can always remove authentication on your account as needed
How to Authenticate:
To authenticate your Instagram account from the Link Accounts Page, first click "connect" next to the account you are looking to authenticate.
IMPORTANT! (1) Your Instagram account must be a Business account or a Creator account. If you have a personal Instagram account, you will need to first switch to a Business or Creator account.
(2) Be sure you have a public Facebook page.
Once you have confirmed that you have a Business or Creator IG account and a public FB page, click "connect":
Next, you will be prompted to log into the Facebook page that is connected to your Instagram account:
Enter your password and then click "continue" - next you will select the Instagram account(s) you would like to grant Instagram Insights permissions for and click "Go!".
After clicking "Go!" you will be redirected to the authentication page and you can see that your Instagram is now authenticated, as a link icon will appear to the left of the Instagram logo as seen here:
Troubleshooting: "The page doesn't belong to your account" error message
When trying to authenticate, you may receive an error message that says "The page doesn't belong to your account" - if you do, here is how to troubleshoot:
(1) Go to your public facebook page and click "Settings" as seen here:
(2) Then click on Instagram:
(3) Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Disconnect":
(4) A pop-up will come up to Disconnect the Instagram account. Be sure to click the "Disconnect" button again:
(5) You will be redirected to the page seen below. Click "Connect Account"
(6) After clicking "Connect Account" you will need to log into your Business or Creator Instgram account:
(7) After logging in, you should be connected and redirected to this page, as seen below:
Now that you have linked your public Facebook page to your Business or Creator Instagram account, you are ready to authenticate your account, using the steps outlined earlier in this article.
Please see article on Authentication: Instagram Error Message
Have questions? Email or chat with us!