Hi there! Looks like you have been invited to authenticate your account! Here is your guide to help you get started:
You should authenticate because:
- We can pull real time metrics for your posts for a campaign
- We will be able to capture impressions, engagements, reach, and video views from your posts as well!
- We will also be able to automatically pull Instagram Stories so you won’t have to send screenshots!
- You’ll gain access to better opportunities!
- Please keep in mind - we take security very seriously:
- Authenticating is read only
- We only have access to metrics and data related to your social accounts
- We will NEVER post content on your behalf, nor will we follow pages, like or comment on posts or content.
- After 90 days of authenticating, the authentication period will expire.
CreatorIQ lets you connect as many social accounts of each platform that we support. The Social Accounts page lets you:
- See the total connections/followers of all authenticated (Linked) accounts.
- See the social accounts attached to your creator profile, by social handle and platform.
- See the authentication status of the social account on your profile.
- Add social accounts to your creator profile.
Adding a social platform for authentication
- Hover your cursor over the social platform you would like to add.
- Select 'Add account' or 'Connect'
- Add account = Add social account to profile.
- Connect = Add and authenticate social account.
- To add a social platform not listed on the page or more than one of the same social platform, click on the ''+Add another' prompt and select the social platform to add.
- You can add a social account to your creator profile using the account social handle or account URL.
- Click on 'Add account' and enter the URL or social handle of your account.
- Click Add to attach the account to your creator profile.
Adding an account to a creator profile is not authenticating. For CreatorIQ to have access to real time first party data the social account needs to be authenticated.
Authentication your social platform
- Hover your cursor over the social platform you would like to authenticate and click CONNECT.
- If the Social Platform is not attached to your CreatorIQ profile you will be prompted to Log into the account.
- Instagram and Facebook will prompt you to log into your FB account.
- IG accounts must be attached to a Facebook Page to be able to authenticate.
- You will be requested to grant CreatorIQ permissions. Please Allow to proceed.
- As previously stated above you are allowing for Read Only permissions.
- For most platforms that is it. You are now linked, identified by the green 'Linked' notice.
Instagram authentications will require an additional step to complete authentication.
- Log in with the Facebook Page credentials
- Select to authenticate Instagram account linked to the Facebook page.
- Press Go to complete the authentication process.
Facebook and IG Authentication
- When authenticating your Facebook Page, if it is linked to an IG account you will have the option to authenticate both accounts at the time.
- When the option to choose an account to link is shown, it will list FB accounts to select from and Instagram accounts.
- Select the two accounts (IG & FB) that are linked together to authenticate both instantly.
Authentication Token Invalid
There are a number of reasons the authentication token might become invalid.
(Account is no longer authenticated)
- The creator has chosen to unlink their account.
- The creator has deleted their social account from their creator profile.
- Per social platform rules, social accounts must be re-authenticated every 90 days.
- The social account password has been changed by the creator.
When an account is not longer authenticated there will be a 'Red' link icon indicating that the account is no longer authenticated. In addition, you will see a 'RECONNECT' option.
When an account's 90 day authentication is set to expire the link icon will be orange indicating that the account will expire soon.
(On the 'social' page in the creator's profile hovering over the link icon will show the date the account was authenticated. 90 days from that date the token will expire)
Creators can unlink their social accounts at any time by clicking on the UNLINK prompt at anytime. They can also delete their social accounts from their profile by clicking on the 'X' at the top right hand corner.
The social account you are trying to add to your profile or authenticate is already associated with another CreatorIQ profile.
- Creators might have previously attached the social account to an old profile.
- At times creators have individual profiles and group profiles with other creators. The social account could be attached to a group profile.
To troubleshot, search for the profile using the account URL. Once you locate the profile, you can either remove the social account from the profile or merge the two profiles.
Have questions? Email or chat with us!