What is LDA compliance?
Legal Drinking Age (LDA) compliance limits the exposure of underage individuals to alcohol-related advertising. US regulations can vary in their audience thresholds, but generally state that at least 73.8%+ of the audience for an ad must consist of people over 21 (the US legal drinking age). If your brand or your client’s brand is looking to promote alcohol on social media platforms, you can leverage CreatorIQ's LDA compliance badges and filters to help you identify creators who likely have an age-appropriate audience.
Note: LDA compliance badges are enabled on request only. Please reach out to our Support Team or your CSM directly to request enablement.
Once you have received confirmation that LDA compliance has been enabled in your CreatorIQ environment, you can configure your age threshold, LDA threshold, and preferred buffer or margin of error within your Network Settings page. You must be a System Admin or Division Admin to complete the next steps:
- Navigate to your team's Network Settings.
- Under Application Settings > Creator Properties, select LDA Compliance.
- Double-check that LDA Compliance is enabled by toggling ON.
- Enter your desired percentage of audience above legal drinking age into the LDA Audience Threshold % field
- Enter your desired buffer above the LDA Audience Threshold %, if any, into the LDA Audience Buffer % field. This input should reflect your margin error — a larger margin will result in more creators displaying a "likely" compliant audience rather than a "highly likely" compliant audience
- Enter your local legal drinking age into the Age Threshold field
- Click (or Save).
- LDA Compliance will automatically be calculated for all of your Creator Profiles
You can configure your preferred formula for LDA compliance calculation at the division level to ensure that your LDA compliance is adjusted based on the markets in which your brand operates. To do this, use the Switch button at the top of the configuration page to select the relevant Division/Brand Hub before entering inputs into your LDA Compliance Settings page.
Warning: The inputs used to generate LDA compliance calculations should be based on your brand's guidelines. CreatorIQ does not provide default thresholds and buffers.
Green — The Instagram account:
- Clears your defined LDA threshold and your preferred buffer
- Is authenticated, allowing us to receive first-party audience data
- Was updated for new audience data within the last 30 days
Yellow — The creator is likely to have an LDA compliant audience on at least one of their Instagram accounts, but there may be some additional circumstances to consider:
- The creator clears the LDA threshold, but not the preferred buffer
- The creator is not authenticated and the LDA compliance calculations are utilizing third-party estimates for audience data
- Red — It is unlikely that this creator’s Instagram audience is LDA compliant based on the LDA threshold and your preferred buffer.
Evaluating and finding Creators
Once enabled and configured in your environment, LDA compliance information can be found across your Discovery, Recruiting, Creators, Lists, Campaigns and One-Sheets tabs, as well as the CreatorIQ API.
If a Creator has multiple Instagram accounts associated with their profile, the LDA compliance percentage for each account will be listed separately under this column:
Warning: If there is no Instagram handle or no audience data associated with a Creator Profile, there will be no badge assigned.
To learn more about a creator's specific audience data, click on the creator's name to open their profile card. The Audience tab on the card will display the creator's LDA compliant audience percentage. If there are multiple Instagram accounts associated with one Creator Profile, you can change the handle in the drop-down and view data for any handle in the profile:
Displaying LDA Compliance percentages in your Published One-Sheets allows your collaborators to take this datapoint into consideration when deciding whether to work with a given creator. Note that LDA Compliance is not automatically included in Published One-Sheets. If you would like to include LDA Compliance percentages:
- Navigate to your One Sheet Settings
- Select Creator Profile on the left hand side of the page
- Check the LDA Compliance box located under the Audience Profile section.
Once this checkbox has been selected, you will see an Audience LDA badge under the Audience section of the published One-Sheet:
Note: The LDA Compliance badge will reflect the percentage of LDA-compliant audience for each Creator at the date the One-Sheet was published.
When filtering for LDA compliant Profiles, results will include Creator Profiles with yellow badges. Before partnering with these creators, we recommend:
- Further investigating their audience data to determine which of the creator’s handles you would like to promote your content on, if any.
- Inviting the creator to authenticate to get access to first-party audience data.
Have questions? Don’t hesitate to contact us!