On April 11, 2023, we announced that Instagram selected CreatorIQ as an early adopter of its Creator Marketplace API program. We’re thrilled to deliver an integration built on the Creator Marketplace API that makes it easier to reach and communicate with creators.
Instagram's Creator Marketplace boasts two-hundred thousand US creators who have been vetted and approved by Meta. Within CreatorIQ, you can easily identify creators within the Marketplace and conveniently send and receive messages directly on the platform they use the most: their DM inbox. Creators will receive your message in a priority inbox dedicated solely to partnership communications.
What’s required to start using Instagram DMs?
- Your brand must be a part of the Creator Marketplace. In order to join the Marketplace, your brand must have an Instagram Business account.
- You’ll need to connect your brand’s Instagram handle to CreatorIQ.
- You work with US-based creators.
- You want to identify and/or already work with creators in the Creator Marketplace
Why use Instagram Messaging through CreatorIQ?
Reduce delays and increase response rates from creators with a priority inbox that verifies your authenticity and cuts through a noisy inbox.
Contacting creators via DM in CreatorIQ allows you to:
- Ensure delivery and bypass the need for creator email addresses by messaging creators on the platform they use most: Instagram.
- Increase the visibility of your outreach by reaching creators through a priority partnerships inbox, and avoid your DMs getting lost or email messages ending up in spam boxes.
- Signal the authenticity of your brand handle by sending messages through a priority paid partnerships inbox that enhances your credibility.
How does it work?
In order to access priority direct messaging, your brand handle must be a part of the Meta Creator Marketplace.
Joining the Marketplace is easy! Simply follow the steps below:
- Navigate to business.facebook.com. If you’re taken to Business Manager, under All Tools, navigate to Business Tools and click Meta Business Suite.
- From the Meta Business Suite, click Creator Marketplace in the left-hand navigation bar.
- Click Get Started. The first time you access the Creator Marketplace, you will be asked to agree to the terms. Click Agree when prompted.
Tip: Make sure you’re an admin on the business connected to the IG handle that’s been granted access, and that the IG handle and FB page are linked within the Edit Profile section on the IG App, or within BusinessAssets, under the Business Settings section on Meta Business Suite.
Once you’ve joined the Marketplace, follow the steps below to contact a creator:
- Within Discovery, your CRM, and Campaigns, you will see an icon that indicates if a creator is part of the Meta Creator Marketplace.
- For any creator in the Marketplace who you would like to message, contact them via direct message from the Messages tab. You can also bulk message multiple creators at once, from Discovery or your CRM.
Note: If you are an agency or brand with multiple divisions, you can select the brand handle you would like to use to DM the selected creator.
- The creator will receive your message in their DMs under Paid Partnerships. It’s as easy as that!
How can I integrate Instagram Messaging into my strategy?
Consider the following ways to incorporate IG messaging via CreatorIQ in your activations:
- Identify high-potential creators. Use Creator Marketplace filters to find and select the best creators for activations
Initial outreach and recruitment. Priority DMs are perfect if you employ always-on recruitment or your program is in an active outreach and recruitment stage.
Send links to campaign information & action items. DMs can get messy, we know. Keep track of action items and follow-ups during every stage of your conversation with creators by using comments and tasks directly in CreatorIQ.
Use comments & tasks to field and manage your DMs. DMs are a great way to send links to creators that lead to more detailed campaign information or actions like the link accounts page, their campaign dashboard, or a link to your onboarding site.
How can I get started using Instagram Messaging through CreatorIQ?
To get started using direct messages in CreatorIQ, you’ll need to connect your brand's Instagram account. Learn how here!
Does the owner of your brand handle not have access to CreatorIQ? Send them a link to connect.